AOL Mail, If you want to use an email program other than AOL to send and receive AOL mail, you’ll need to configure your AOL server settings. This may seem complicated if you haven’t done it before, but don’t worry. This article will provide all the details you need to set it up easily.
Below, you’ll find the SMTP, POP, and IMAP settings for AOL email addresses, along with instructions on how to configure them for your AOL email program. Additionally, I’ll explain how to customize general AOL mail settings according to your preferences and what to do if you encounter difficulties while adjusting AOL mail settings. Finally, I’ll address two frequently asked questions about SMTP, POP, and IMAP.
SMTP and POP/IMAP Server Settings for AOL Mail Server:
- AOL SMTP Settings
- SMTP Server name: smtp.aol.com
- SMTP Port: 465
- Encryption: TLS/SSL encryption
- SMTP Username: Your entire AOL email address (including “@aol.com”)
- SMTP Password: Your AOL mail password
- AOL POP Mail Server Settings
- AOL Server name: pop.aol.com
- Port Number: 995
- Encryption: SSL
- POP Password: Your AOL mail password
- AOL Mail IMAP Server Settings
- AOL Mail IMAP Server: imap.aol.com
- Port: 993
- Encryption: SSL
- IMAP Password: Your AOL email password
When entering your account information, make sure to use your full email address, including “@aol.com.” Also, ensure that SSL encryption is enabled for both incoming and outgoing mail.
To set up these protocols in email clients like Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird, add your AOL account to the email application and input the SMTP and POP/IMAP parameters in your account settings.
For example, to manually set up SMTP in Microsoft Outlook:
- SMTP Setup
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Go to File > Info > Account Settings > Server Settings.
- Click on Outgoing Mail and enter the relevant settings provided above.
- POP and IMAP Setup
- After configuring SMTP, you can start sending outgoing mail from your AOL account.
- To receive incoming mail, you’ll need to set up AOL Mail POP or AOL Mail IMAP settings. To do this in Outlook, navigate to File > Info > Account Settings > Server Settings > Incoming Mail, and enter the relevant network settings provided above.
To personalize your AOL mailbox, manage incoming emails, and alter the appearance of your inbox, you can customize your AOL email settings without needing advanced technical skills.
Now you’re ready to enjoy using your AOL mail with another email program!